Zambia is a land of glorious sunsets, friendly people, and mystic
legends, of nature at its wildest and most exquisite. Acknowledged as one of
the world’s most peaceful countries, more than 70 ethnically diverse people
with 20 annual traditional ceremonies. Zambia offers a true African experience
and the finest in wildlife safaris. Witness incredible wildlife in its natural
wild state. Exciting areas to visit.
When To Go? – Climate
Zambia has a moderate climate with three seasons; warm and wet from December to
April; cool and dry from May to August; and hot and dry from September to
November. Hot mainly in the month of October particularly in the Zambezi and
Where To Go?
- The South & North Luangwa – Rated one of the top game reserves in the world.
- Kafue – One of Africa’s biggest parks, teeming with game, good lion, vast herds of antelope.
- Lower Zambezi – intense game along the banks of the river – canoeing safaris highly recommended.
- Mosi-o-Tunya – All of Zambia’s plains game, rhino, elephant, giraffe, just minutes from Victoria Falls.
What To Do?
- Boat Safaris – cruise along the banks of the Zambezi River and lakes past prolific bird life, viewing the big game as it comes down to drink.
- Canoe Safaris – a great alternative to land based safaris.
- Game Drives – these are operated in open vehicles, usually at dawn and dusk to seek out the most interesting wildlife. Night drives are also arranged in certain areas enabling visitors to glimpse the nocturnal world.
- Walking Safaris – there is no better way of getting really close to nature than this. Lead by experienced armed guides/rangers/trackers, walkers are able to enjoy the sights, smells and sounds of the bush in harmony with their surroundings. On some treks you may be exploring areas untouched.
- Culture – a wide diversity of tribal peoples with their interesting traditions and ceremonies reflect their heritage.
A wide variety of mammals. Further reading refer to the field guide to African
mammals by Jonathan Kingdom and The Behaviour Guide to African Mammals by
Aprrox. 600 species found in a wide variety of habitats.